Posts tagged anton hysen
They may need to add a number 101 after Robbie Rogers’ coming out last week, but out Swedish soccer pro Anton Hysén has been named to Out Magazine’s 100 Most Eligible Bachelors of 2013.
Hysén, who came out nearly two years ago, is a defender for Utsiktens BK in Sweden’s Division 1, a third-tier league. He is currently the world’s only out professional male soccer player. He was also last year’s champion of “Let’s Dance,” Sweden’s “Dancing with the Stars” franchise.
Yesterday, Italy striker Antonio Cassano said he hopes there aren’t any gay players on his National Team (using an Italian derogatory term for gay people.)
A Swedish newspaper contacted out player Anton Hysén for his reaction (translation via The Guardian):
I don’t understand how a role model such as Antonio Cassano can say something like that. It is sad and I don’t understand how someone who is playing at that level can say something like that. He is a big name in the game and a role model for others. It is not good. It is difficult to know how to deal with things like this. I can’t get involved but the Italian Football Federation must look into it. Something can always be done.
Anton’s half brother Tobias is a forward for the Swedish squad at the Euros, currently facing their own issues with some hazing-type behavior after their first-game loss.
Congratulations again to Anton Hysén who with his partner Sigrid Bernsen won “Let’s Dance,” Sweden’s program in the “Dancing with the Stars” franchise.
Here is his winning show dance from the finals, which I will not comment on other than to say click and enjoy.
Tonight is the final episode of the season of “Let’s Dance,” Sweden’s version of “Dancing With the Stars,” and out soccer player Anton Hysén and his partner Sigrid Bernsen are one of the final two couples. They compete against Swedish actress Molly Nutley. Here is one of last week’s performances that got Anton to this point:
The final episode will be live at 1 PM CT this afternoon.
Anton Hysén made it through yet another week of Sweden’s “Let’s Dance,” and is down to the last three couples on this season of the show. If he survives tonight, he moves on to next week’s finals.
He wowed the audiences with his jitterbug to “Hound Dog”:
Out Swedish soccer player Anton Hysén takes to the stage again tonight on Let’s Dance (really, right about now since it’s in Sweden), so let’s take a look at his James Bond-inspired tango that earned him top scores last week:
A lot of the buzz this week has been about Anton Hysén appearing nude on the cover of Swedish magazine QX with strategic covering, but he had some good things to say in his interview as well.
- His career goal is still to play soccer in the United States, and gives the You Can Play Project a shoutout for their work to have straight hockey players speak out against homophobia in sports.
- He talks about why he’s not dating and the kind of guys he likes, pretty much describing Carlos Bocanegra.
- His teammates give him grief about the tight pants he wears for “Let’s Dance” and he has no intention of leaving soccer for TV or other endeavors.
- And, of course, he talks about getting naked for the magazine, including exposing his bare butt for the mag in a photo that was also autographed and is being auctioned off for charity. He also gives his key behind getting such a shapely rear end.
- Oh you wanted to see the butt shot? We have it here.