Guys & Gals We Like
US Soccer and Major League Soccer alumnus Jimmy Conrad had the opportunity to preview every new MLS jersey for KICKTV on YouTube. Let this tide you over until we conclude our series of new jersey reviews come next week, when we’ll have our views on Seattle, Los Angeles, Chivas USA, and Portland from myself and our writing crew.
Props to him that while getting special access from adidas he isn’t afraid to point out how there doesn’t seem to be anything different about the Red Bulls’ jersey. As he points out in the video, Jimmy Conrad is no stranger to debuting new kits for MLS teams:
Glad to have MLS coverage back on KICK for the new season!
They may need to add a number 101 after Robbie Rogers’ coming out last week, but out Swedish soccer pro Anton Hysén has been named to Out Magazine’s 100 Most Eligible Bachelors of 2013.
Hysén, who came out nearly two years ago, is a defender for Utsiktens BK in Sweden’s Division 1, a third-tier league. He is currently the world’s only out professional male soccer player. He was also last year’s champion of “Let’s Dance,” Sweden’s “Dancing with the Stars” franchise.
It’s time to recap the countdown so far and finally reveal our number one pick in the 2013 gay4soccer Draft, a ranking based on a panel’s evaluations of the players’ hotness.
Here are the top nineteen:
19. Mikey Lopez, Sporting Kansas City
18. Paolo DelPiccolo, Montreal Impact
17. Kyle Bekker, Toronto FC
16. Fernando Monge, Montreal Impact
15. Korey Kindle, Colorado Rapids
14. Ryan Finley, Columbus Crew
13. Dylan Remick, Seattle Sounders
12. Taylor Kemp, DC United
11. Drew Beckie, Columbus Crew
10. Dylan Tucker-Gangnes, Portland Timbers
9. Don Anding, Philadelphia Union
8. Tommy Muller, San Jose Earthquakes
7. Danchrisandre Delgado, San Jose Earthquakes
6. Erik Hurtado, Vancouver Whitecaps
5. Ryan Hollingshead, FC Dallas
4. Walker Zimmerman, FC Dallas
3. Luis Soffner, New England Revolution
2. Charlie Rugg, LA Galaxy
It’s the penultimate day of our countdown of our favorite hot players from the 2013 MLS SuperDraft. Out of all of the players in the two rounds, we’re nearly wrapped up with our top 19.
After these three, who is your prediction for #1?
- Drafted by FC Dallas in Round 1, Pick 7
- Defender, Furman University
- Generation Adidas player and former captain of the USA U-18 team.
- 6’3″ 185 pounds
- Hometown of Lawrenceville, Georgia
It may not have aired during the Super Bowl this year, but the second annual David Beckham H&M underwear ad is certainly something to behold.
We’ve all seen “locked out of the house wearing only underwear” gags before; but under the direction of the former Mr. Madonna (Guy Ritchie), this commercial has plenty of wit, soccer skills, and David Beckham butt shots. Including after he makes a swim across a pool as part of his chase.
And keep an eye out for the good old David Beckham #23 LA Galaxy jersey.
This video may or not get quite a few replays by me today.
We’re in the home stretch for our countdown of our favorite 2013 SuperDraft picks, chosen and ranked by a panel’s determination of their hotness. And while superficial in the ranking, I find that going through this process helps me learn so much about these guys as players as well.
How do you think we’re doing so far in our picks? Let us know on Twitter or Facebook!
- Drafted by San Jose Earthquakes in Round 2, Pick 14
- Midfielder, University of San Diego
- A driving force in USD’s 2012 NCAA run and quite possibly the only draft pick to link to his personal Facebook page in his MLS profile.
- 5′ 11″ 175 pounds
- Hometown of Escondido, California
With nine down and ten to go, we’re halfway through our countdown of our favorite picks from the 2013 MLS SuperDraft, based on a panel of our writers’ and readers’ opinions. We heard from our #1 from last year Chandler Hoffman yesterday, and one of his new teammates makes the countdown today. Let the top ten begin!
- Drafted by Portland Timbers in Round 2, Pick 15
- Defender, University of Washington
- Tucker-Gangnes joins former UW teammate Brent Richards, the Timbers’ first homegrown player.
- 6’3″ 190 pounds
- Hometown of Bainbridge Island, WA
We are halfway through our countdown of our favorite hot draft picks this MLS preseason, so it seemed like a natural time to check in with last year’s favorite: Chandler Hoffman, Philadelphia Union forward.
We talked about memories of the 2012 SuperDraft and his first professional season, as well as how preseason 2013 is going and what the season ahead looks like with some seasoned veterans now part of the Union attack. And of course, he passes on his crown and sash with some advice for his hottest draft pick successor.
What would happen if a group of people conducted a soccer draft based solely on the hotness of the players? This is the second time we’ve worked to answer that question.
We gathered the opinions of men and women, gay and straight, and compiled it all into a countdown of our top 19 players from both rounds of the MLS SuperDraft. Here are our next three picks:
#13 Dylan Remick
- Drafted by Seattle Sounders in Round 2, Pick 16
- Defender, Brown University
- First Team All Ivy Leage for three years straight
- 6′ 165 pounds
- Hometown of Inverness, Illinois
It’s year two, day two of our now-annual look at the top picks from the Major League Soccer SuperDraft. And by top picks, we mean the ones we found the hottest.
To review how it works, we had a panel of men and women, gay and straight, take a look at all of the picks in the first two rounds of the 2013 SuperDraft and use a compilation of their thoughts to come up with a top 19 countdown that we continue now.
#16 Fernando Monge
- Drafted by Montreal Impact in Round 1, Pick 18
- Midfielder, UCLA
- Member of the US National Beach Soccer Team
- 5′ 10″ 165 pounds
- Hometown of San Diego, California