YouTube Releases Soccer-Heavy Pride Month Vid
Once again YouTube has produced a video to commemorate Pride Month, and this year it’s a celebration of out LGBT athletes.
And seeming to purposely coincide with World Cup month, the post has many, many soccer stars–both out and allied–featured sharing its “Proud to Play” message.
Check it out:
Out of the 34 athletes and YouTube personalities in the video, 18 are from the world of soccer. Over half. Major League Soccer also gets a shoutout on the video’s page as an organization that supports equality. Both MLS and MLS Works did a great job in sharing the video on social media as well.
Here are the video’s soccer stars in order of appearance, both out players and allies, speaking out:
- Robbie Rogers, LA Galaxy
- Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior, Barcelona & Brazilian National Team
- Marta Vieira da Silva, Tyresö FF & Brazilian National Team
- Megan Rapinoe, Seattle Reign & US National Team
- Denílson de Oliveira, fmr. Brazilian National Team
- André Santos, Flamengo & Brazilian National Team
- Gabriel Barbosa Almeida, Santos & Brazilian Youth National Team
- Leandro Damião, Santos & Brazilian National Team
- Marcos Arouca da Silva, Santos & Brazilian National Team
- Jádson Rodrigues da Silva, Corinthians & Brazilian National Team
- Elano Blumer, Flamengo & fmr. Brazilian National Team
- Leo Moura, Flamengo & fmr. Brazilian National Team
- Wladimir Rodrigues dos Santos, fmr. Corinthians
- Gabriel Rodrigues dos Santos, Internacional & fmr. Brazilian National Team
- Paulo Henrique Ganso, São Paulo & Brazilian National Team
- Jess Fishlock, Seattle Reign & Welsh National Team
- Lori Lindsey, Washington Spirit & US National Team
- Sally Shipard, Australian National Team
A pretty impressive list and soccer fans should be proud of how well-represented we are as we gear up for an exciting FIFA World Cup!