LGBT Soccer Roundup, May 23-25
- Lori Lindsey was one of three players to score in the Washington Spirit’s 3-3 draw against Sky Blue FC. Her shot from distance found the back of the net.
- In a week when same-sex marriage became legal in the state of Oregon, Sarah Huffman’s Portland Thorns defeated Abby Wambach’s Western New York Flash 2-1. Wambach scored in the match that saw Meleana Shim as a late-game substitute.
- While Lianne Sanderson and Joanna Lohman both played a full 90 minutes, it was another loss for the Boston Breakers as they fell to FC Kansas City 2-0.
- A goal and an assist from Abby Wambach ensured a 2-2 draw for the Western New York Flash on the road against league leaders Seattle Reign FC.
- Later in the week Lori Lindsey played 90 minutes in the Washington Spirit’s 3-2 win over the Houston Dash in a match that saw some DC pro football players in attendance.
- Meleana Shim got the start in the Portland Thorn’s 1-0 home loss to Sky Blue FC. Sarah Huffman was also a substitute.
- Memorial Day Weekends seem to be historic for the LA Galaxy, a year after Robbie Rogers’ team debut he was available but did not play in a match that saw Landon Donovan score a brace to claim the MLS all-time top scorer mantle.