LGBT Soccer Roundup, May 16-18
- After a few weeks on the bench, Robbie Rogers made his season debut with the main LA Galaxy squad in their 1-0 loss to the Houston Dynamo. It’s a packed week for the Galaxy as they return to the field Wednesday night against FC Dallas at home.
- Once again the Portland Thorns delivered a 1-0 defeat to the Houston Dash at BBVA Compass Stadium. Both Sarah Huffman and Meleana Shim were substitutes in the match.
- It was a doubly bad week for Lianne Sanderson, Joanna Lohman, and the Boston Breakers as they lost twice in a row to the Chicago Red Stars. Both Lohman and Sanderson saw 180 minutes of action across the pair of matches.
- Abby Wambach’s head found the back of the net once again, but it wasn’t enough for the Western New York Flash who lost to the Washington Spirit 3-2. Lori Lindsey served up the assist for the Spirit’s first goal of the game.
- Anton Hysen and the Myrtle Beach Mutiny got their season off on a good note Friday night as they were victorious on the road against the FC Carolina Discoveries. The team capped off the weekend with a day at the beach to celebrate:
— Myrtle Beach Mutiny (@MyrtleBeachFC) May 17, 2014