Seattle Reign Say “You Can Play”
The Seattle Reign are the latest American soccer team to make a video for the You Can Play Project, becoming the first Women’s professional team in the US to participate.
Out US Women’s National Team midfielder Megan Rapinoe joined the Reign earlier this summer after her time with Lyon and she appears with her teammates in the video.
Welsh international Jess Fishlock spoke about making the video:
I am excited that we are partnering with You Can Play and helping them take the steps that are needed to eradicate homophobia in professional sports. It’s something I support 100% and I am honored to play for the first professional women’s team aligned with this cause.
- Michelle Betos, goalkeeper
- Liz Bogus, forward
- Jess Fishlock, midfielder and Welsh National Team member
- Laura Harvey, head coach
- Sam Laity, assistant coach
- Megan Rapinoe, midfielder and US National Team member
- Keelin Winters, midfielder