Wednesday Happy Hour: MLS History Lessons
- With MLS entering Season 17 this weekend, San Jose’s Ramiro Corrales is the lone player from the original 1996 still playing in the league.
- Speaking of league history, MLSSoccer.com has launched a new history section on the site, or as I see it from the banner at the top, the Landon Donovan hairline tracker.
- More preseason fan drama crops up as The MLS Reserves talks with some disgruntled New England Revolution supporters.
- The new Bumpy Pitch shirt inspired by St. Pauli made an appearance on “Conan” last night, worn by one of the musicians performing on the show.
- Most MLS clubs will be offering Foursquare badges this year, if you’re a user like me. Design and details on how to earn them are still unknown.
- Finally, who else saw the headlines that said “Fire Sign Friedrich” and could only think of this?
Naturally, we’ll be sticking around after happy hour for all the CONCACAF Champions League action, with Los Angeles vs Toronto at 8 ET and Seattle vs. Santos at 10 ET. Both matches on Fox Soccer and CONCACAF.com